Need an on-premise phone system for your business?
Do you need an on-premise phone system for your business and need some help to decide on a solution? If you have an existing on-premise PBX and are looking at upgrading either due to an NBN migration, your hardware is old and obsolete, or you need a new system for a new premises, we can walk you through the different options available on the market.
As a vendor independent phone system provider, we are unique in that we aren’t limited to one product or technology, that means we can consider all the options available on the market, whether its on-premise or hosted, we can present you with a number of options and then hand over to you to make a decision.
Regardless of whether you only have a small number of staff or have a large office, or call centre, we have access to over 10 different on-premise brands and solutions, in addition to agreements with 20 other trusted Telecommunications vendors and installers, we can recommend solutions that are exactly tailored to your business, with the features and functionality you need at the best possible price.
What are the benefits of an on-premise phone system?
- If you have a large number of handsets compared to concurrent lines (ie. 10 concurrent calls and 30 handsets onsite), in some cases even once offset against the higher hardware costs on-premise phone systems can work out to be cheaper. Situations should be assessed on a case by case basis.
- More control and ownership of the hardware onsite and the infrastructure
- May have inhouse resources that prefer to manage the PBX
- You can make calls internally between staff over your local area network without needing external connectivity (useful during internet outages, only for internal calls)
- Could provide a lower cost of ownership over time compared to a hosted phone system.
What are some of the basic features of On-Premise Phone Systems?
It is relatively easy to configure the following list of features and would be the core feature set most small businesses would require and are accustomed to using, feature set is quite similar to a hosted phone system, primary difference is that some configuration may be required onsite via a suitably trained technician:
- Greetings, welcome messages and Voicemail
- Out-of-hours messages
- Can be configured so calls ring on a number of phones or devices at the same time
- Hunt groups, on hold feature, mute, transfer
What are some advanced features of On-Premise Phone Systems?
Depending on the type of on-premise phone system you select, some common advanced features include:
- Call recordings
- Custom marketing messages
- Sophisticated call logic and hunt groups
- IVR (interactive voice response) features
- Call statistics and analytics
- Integration to other systems such as CRMs (Customer Relationship Management Software)
- Using click to dial, headsets, PCs and Mobile Apps to manage calls
- Call centre functionality
- Integration to intercom/door access or warehouse/loud speakers etc
What are some of the costs you should be aware of?
On-premise Phone Systems are not as expensive as they used to be in the past. Technology is becoming better and cheaper overall, meaning that you get a lot more features and functionality for a lot less cost.
There is still a significant range in price depending on the features and inclusions, your usage, providers, hardware, pricing models, call costs, support levels and other factors.
The costs for an on premise phone system would include:
- Ongoing costs for lines/channels/SIP Trunks/SIP channels (service charge or line rental)
- Costs of calls that may be unlimited or on a pay-as-you-go basis (PAYG)
- Cost of the On-prem PBX and Handsets costs (hardware)
- Installation on site (if required)
- Cabling around the office (if required)
- Configuration and setup costs (setting up all features as required)
- Firmware and software upgrades (as applicable)
Business communications including Phone Systems and fixed line services are critical to the operation of your business, therefore making the right decision is critical especially for an on-premise phone system where you will be using the phone system for many years.
There are many PBX hardware and handset options, providers and pricing models, if you don’t have the right market knowledge.
The team at Telco Broker will take the time to understand your needs, and can make some suggestions based on our experience dealing with many types of businesses, all around Australia, you can leverage off our experience working with businesses very similar to yours.
We pride ourselves on being open and transparent, our goal is to help you find and deploy the solution you need to fit your requirements and budgets.
Please reach out to us for a free initial consultation.
Telco Broker has helped businesses all over Australia with selecting the right phone system option, we can deliver Telecommunications services in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, Canberra, Perth, Tasmania, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and New South Wales.
Telco Broker has helped businesses all over Australia with selecting hosted phone systems, we can deliver brokerage services in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, Canberra, Perth, Tasmania, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and New South Wales.